Codecool is a growing network of international coding schools in the EU. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever-growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding careers for a wide range of people.
Codecool is already present in 5 locations in 3 countries (Hungary, Poland, Romania).
We are looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for managing bookkeeping, controlling and budgeting. Namely, you will work closely with the CFO, our in-house finance and office team, and payroll subcontractor.
Your responsibilities will cover:
- Supporting the monthly accounting closing procedure
- Monitoring on continuous basis the consistency of the accounting analytical and general ledger data
- Complies with the financial policies and regulations, improves accounting controls by recommendation to policies and procedures.
- Preparation of
- regular reports on operational expenses and ad hoc controlling reports
- Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss statement.
- (Hungarian GAAP and IFRS) asset, liability, and Profit & Loss account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- the annual (Hungarian GAAP and IFRS) Balance Sheet and the Profit & Loss accounts in accordance with the provisions of the relevant laws
- Assistance in preparation of the annual business plan
- Provides assistance for the annual audit processes
- Calculation of the interests on the intercompany loans
- Ensuring the efficient usage of the accounting software and the core operational system and generate development requests to support the accounting and the financial processes
- Being independent in your work
Optimal background and skills
- 3 to 5 years of Accountant experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Hungarian and English
- Strong attention to details and good analytical skills
- Independence and hardworking
- responsibility and flexibility
- ability to handle multiple priorities
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- You can be a part of CEE regions next startup success (~7M EUR total funding from the region’s leading financial and energy provider and angels)
- Cool office. Greatly selected colleges with the same values and attitude of work.
- Family-friendly working hours.
- We are a flat organization, if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy that stops you, it will happen.
- Full-time contract with a competitive salary.
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
About our culture:
We at Codecool are working to reach our Vision based on our Core Values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple. Get in touch with us at [email protected] to apply or for a chat if you have further questions. Please write in your e-mail’s subject: Accountant @Codecool
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Submit application.Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Phone interview.Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Face to face HR + Tech Interview.In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of the existing mentors in person. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location. Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
Trial day.This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.