Codecool is a growing network of coding schools in the CEE region. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding carriers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 5 locations, 3 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania.
Join Codecool’s team as an HR manager. You will be working from Budapest, but your tasks will exceed the city's and the country's borders.
The role will be directory reporting to the CEO.
A Happiness Officer is, in its essence, an HR Manager with a special qualification: he/she believes happy employees make better employees.The purpose of the role is to understand and positively drive employee experience and satisfaction, by continuously developing all HR processes and all re-defined to ensure a happy experience and a happiness-driven workplace. Onboarding, career planning, performance management, succession management, engagement and recognition and off-boarding, these are all areas that can benefit immensely from a happiness-oriented approach. The HR Manager, Happiness Officer will be also responsible for coordinating and organizing trainings and organizational development projects, develops policy, coordinating all HR administrative tasks, manages human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits and employee services by performing the following duties:
Develop and implement HR strategies, all HR related processes and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of employees
Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
Nurture a positive working environment
Coordinating and managing organisational development projects
Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- At least 5 years of experience in HR field at mid sized companies
- 2 years in HR Manager role is a must (mid or small size company) or HR Business Partner at bigger organisation
- Fluent, active English language skills is a must
- Proven track record in organizational development projects or / and training field is a big advantage
- Experience as Happiness Manager is an advantage
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
Why work for us?
We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
Cool office. Greatly selected colleges with the same values and attitude of work. We teach hard, play hard. At Codecool, you can take as much vacation time as you need.
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
About our culture:
We at Codecool are working to reach our Vision based on our Core Values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple.
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Only HR + Competency Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and the department manager. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture. You will have the chance to work with us and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply