Codecool is a growing network of coding schools in the CEE region. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding carriers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 5 locations, 3 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania.
As a mentor you will help students who are eager to develop their IT skills. Consultations, workshops, reviews, demos - these are the activities you will facilitate during the course. Mentors are working in teams, so you won't be alone! You will have stand-ups, weekly retros, intense work and lots of fun together.
Apply if you
- are ready to dedicate min. 20 hours weekly to mentoring
- love to share your knowledge and explain IT stuff to others
- have some experience in mentoring /teaching IT to colleagues, classmates, students... or anyone
- are open to learn new methods and teaching techniques
- have experience in one of the following technologies /areas
- DevOps, SysOps
- Webshop building, ecommerce
- Project Management
As an ideal candidate you will have the following skills and abilities
- You have a positive attitude and you know how to inspire others
- You believe in the practice-oriented, project-based learning model and you understand the difference between teaching and mentoring,
- You are inclined to proactively influence people and things around you
- You speak fluent Hungarian and your English is on a communicative level
- You love to learn and educate yourself continuously
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome atmosphere. We enjoy frequent team events, parties and workshops.
- You can stay on top of your tech while not sitting in front of a screen all day, every day. Plus, you get to use your skills to change people’s lives.
- We are a flat organization: every mentor has a role, but there are no traditional bosses. So if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, it will happen.
- Constant learning; we share our knowledge and thanks to the training budget we can choose workshops and materials that suit us most
- Full- and part-time options.
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Online HR + Tech Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of the existing mentors in person. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location.
Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
Online Trial day.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply