Lead Web Designer / Digital Designer
Codecool is a growing network of international coding schools in the EU. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding carriers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 5 locations and 3 countries (Hungary, Poland & Romania). We changed the life of more than 500 students through coding.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Web Designer / Digital Designer to join our international marketing team at Codecool. This could be a next career step for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills. The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
The purpose of the role is to promote and drive world-class user experience on our multilingual website and digital design for our marketing channels, whilst actively improving our front-end practices and online branding.
This business-critical role will report directly to the CMO and requires a forward-thinking and highly collaborative person. You'll help us to explore new agile ways of working, integrate best in class design and technologies with legacy systems and harness the power of data to deliver outstanding solutions to users.
- Work closely with the marketing team, copywriters and one Digital Designer to ensure that the designs and user journey on our websites and recruitment applications are flawless
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Manage and maintain our Wordpress website, including plug-ins, API integrations, website functionality
- Create tools and user journeys that will enhance interaction within the Codecool customer journey
- Look and implement best design, UX and SEO practices on our website and digital designs Test the website for usability and fix bugs Ensure our website meet accessibility and privacy standards
- Monitor website UX flow reporting tools and regularly monitor and analyse website performance Identify and implement improvements to the Codecool website, taking account of student and staff feedback, changes to policy, strategy or external environment.
- Development and implementation of website conversion rate optimisation strategies to increase enquiries, applications and conversion to all programmes
- Work with project teams / working groups to support the achievement of project objectives as may be required.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 3 years of proven experience as a Web Designer
- Languages: Advanced in English
- Demonstrable graphic design skills
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships from scratch
- Well organized, punctual with great time management skills
- Project management experience; creative problem-solver and solution oriented team player
- Possess the ability to work both independently and remain self-motivated
- Ability to work under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
Why work for us?
We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
Cool office. Greatly selected colleges with the same values and attitude of work.
We know what is the balance between work and private life. At Codecool, you can take as much vacation time as you need.
We are a flat organization, if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy that stops you, it will happen.
Full-time contract with competitive salary.
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
About our culture: we at Codecool are working to reach our Vision based on our Core Values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple.
Get in touch with us at [email protected] to apply or for a chat if you have further questions.
Please write in your e-mail’s subject: Lead Web Designer / Digital Designer @Budapest
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Face to face /online HR and professional Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter. The meeting will take place in our office and it might involve an extra team member.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture. You will have the chance to work with us and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply