Want to help others change their lives through coding? Join our Codecool team as a mentor and help hundreds of young people begin their successful coding careers. APPLY NOW!
Codecool is a growing network of coding schools in the CEE region. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever-growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding careers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 5 locations, 3 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania.
What we wish from you as a future colleague:
- Find joy in sharing your hard-earned knowledge
- Be the change and take part of the IT education of the future
- Be a role model to the students
- Great minds think alike and help Codecool peers all over the World
What your typical day would look like as a Codecool mentor:
- The day starts at 9AM engaging with the students with quick warm-up questions
- Students present their code and you review it together
- You facilitate the learning process and help students with their assignments
- Consultations with the students
- Mentors’ team daily stand-up meetings
- Examine students who are ready to pass to the next module
- Weekly student retrospective
Apply if you:
- Have a positive attitude and wish to inspire beginners in programming
- Are a reliable person with relevant programming experience
- Have patience and willingness to help others during their learning process
- Believe in the practice-oriented, project-based learning model and understand the difference between teaching and mentoring
- Love to learn and educate yourself continuously
- Speak English and Romanian fluently
Why work for us:
- We offer an awesome atmosphere
- Greatly selected colleagues with the same values and work ethic
- We teach hard but play harder. At Codecool, you can take as much vacation time as you need
- We are a flat organisation, if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy that stops you, it will happen
- Earn tech industry salary, while educating others
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
We at Codecool are working to reach our vision based on our core values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple.
Am I a good IT Mentor candidate?
How about mentoring five days a week, but after my working hours?
How about weekend courses?
I really want to join Codecool team and be a mentor, but can’t commit to 40 hours weekly. What do I do?
I don’t have programming experience as such, but I can teach project management, agile methodologies and soft skills.
Are you looking for any specific programming language?
I am concerned that while mentoring, I will not develop my programming skills.
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Face to face HR + Tech Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of the existing mentors in person. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location.
Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply