Codecool is a growing network of next-gen coding schools and a digital talent hub in Central Europe. Codecool is already present in 5 cities in 3 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania, and we are about to open in 2 more countries this year.
Our mission is to reinvent tech education and close the ever growing digital talent gap of companies by providing future-proof careers for ambitious people. We at Codecool want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
We are working on our mission along our core values:
- Courage: Be brave enough to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself and your peers, even when it’s not comfortable.
- Quality: Never compromise on quality, whatever you do.
- Fun: Have fun.If you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it - it’s that simple.
Change lives through coding. Become a mentor at Codecool, and help us launch hundreds of young people’s successful tech careers.
We are currently looking for mentors working from Budapest. You will work closely with the local country manager, other mentors from all our locations, team members and external partners.
You will also have training opportunities, meetings and company-wide conferences in other Codecool countries, too (as soon as we can travel again).
- Supervising Front End development / Java development / Test Automation projects
- Mentoring – not preaching. Be available to support and guide students while they are solving practical challenges in project-based tasks. They will learn concepts and theory via self-study.
- Learning and following the tried-and-tested Codecool mastery-based learning model, demand-based curriculum and growth mindset approach. Your ideas are welcome, we believe in continuous improvement. But you don’t need to reinvent the wheel – we already have successfully working models and processes for you at hand.
Our ideal candidate
- has years of daily hands-on programming experience with at least 1 of the below programming languages or platforms:
- speaks fluent English and Hungarian
- believes in practice-oriented, project-based learning
- understands the difference between teaching and mentoring
- is positive and patient
- loves to learn and grow
- can be new to mentoring: no previous teaching experience is required
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- We have a cool office space full of friendly colleagues, all sharing the same values and attitude of work.
- You can think and work together with carefully selected top tech professionals from all over the world.
- You can share your hard earned knowledge and be part of the IT education of the future.
- You can work on your professional and management skills while mentoring others.
- You can get a name in the business scene by shaping contributing sourcing challenges for leading tech companies.
- Your ideas are welcome. We are a flat organisation - if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy to stop you, you can make it happen.
- You will get a full-time contract with a motivating compensation package. You will earn a tech industry level salary for helping others to start their tech careers.
- We work hard, play hard. At Codecool, you can take as much vacation as you need.
Am I a good IT Mentor candidate?
How about mentoring five days a week, but after my working hours?
How about weekend courses?
I really want to join Codecool team and be a mentor, but can’t commit to 40 hours weekly. What do I do?
I don’t have programming experience as such, but I can teach project management, agile methodologies and soft skills.
Are you looking for any specific programming language?
I am concerned that while mentoring, I will not develop my programming skills.
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected] Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Online HR + Tech Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of our mentors in person. The interviews will be conducted online.
Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply