Want to change lives through coding? Become a mentor at Codecool, where we launch hundreds of young people on successful coding careers. Apply now!
Codecool is a leading digital educator and sourcer in the CEE region with more than 1000+ graduated students placed in developer jobs at 200+ corporate partners, 700+ students in training currently, and 5M EUR revenue in 2020. Codecool has campuses operating already at 5 locations in 3 countries: Budapest and Miskolc (in Hungary), and Krakow and Warsaw (in Poland), and Bucharest (in Romania) and opening our new campus in Vienna soon.
You will be working from Vienna, but your tasks will exceed the city’s and the country’s borders, you will have training, meetings and company-wide conferences in Poland and Romania as well. You will work closely with the local country manager, other mentors from all our locations, and other team members, subcontractors.
- Share your hard earned knowledge!
- Be part of the IT education of the future!
- Be a superhero, a role model to hundreds!
- You can improve your soft and tech skills – while mentoring others.
- Think together and help your peers all over the World.
- Get known in the business scene by shaping the solution for leading IT companies’ sourcing challenges.
- Earn tech industry salary, while educating others.
Apply if you:
- have a positive attitude, and you can inspire beginners in programming,
- are a credible person with huge programming experience, preferably in Java, C# or/and Python,
- have patience and endurance to help others in learning,
- believe in the practice oriented, project based learning model and you understand the difference between teaching and mentoring,
- are experienced in technology and work with it on a daily basis, love to learn and educate yourself continuously,
- speak English and German fluently.
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- Cool office. Greatly selected colleges with the same values and attitude of work.
- We teach hard, play hard. At Codecool, you can take as much vacation time as you need.
- We are a flat organization, if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy that stops you, it will happen.
- Full-time contract with motivating compensation package
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
About our culture:
We at Codecool are working to reach our Vision based on our Core Values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple.
Am I a good IT Mentor candidate?
How about mentoring five days a week, but after my working hours?
How about weekend courses?
I really want to join Codecool team and be a mentor, but can’t commit to 40 hours weekly. What do I do?
I don’t have programming experience as such, but I can teach project management, agile methodologies and soft skills.
Are you looking for any specific programming language?
I am concerned that while mentoring, I will not develop my programming skills.
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected] Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Online HR + Tech Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of our mentors in person. The interviews will be conducted online.
Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply