Want to change lives through coding? Become a mentor at Codecool, where we launch hundreds of young people on successful coding careers. Apply now!
Codecool is a growing network of coding schools in the CEE region. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding carriers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 5 locations, 3 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania.
What your typical day will look like in the IT Mentor role:
- The classes start at 9:00 am. After a quick warm-up question whole class starts coding
- Students present their code and review it together
- You facilitate and help students with their work
- At 3:00 pm the students finish their class and summarize the biggest challenges
- Consultations with students who have questions
- Mentors stand-up
- Prepare materials and exercises for prospective day/week
- Examining students who are ready to pass to next module
- Weekly retrospectives
As an ideal candidate you will have the following skills and abilities:
- You have a positive attitude and you know how to inspire others
- You believe in the practice-oriented, project-based learning model and you understand the difference between teaching and mentoring,
- You are inclined to proactively influence people and things around you
- You speak fluent Polish and your English is on a communicative level (B2 or higher)
- You love to learn and educate yourself continuously
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome atmosphere. We enjoy frequent team events, parties and workshops.
- You can stay on top of your tech while not sitting in front of a screen all day, every day. Plus, you get to use your skills to change people’s lives.
- We are a flat organization: every mentor has a role, but there are no traditional bosses. So if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, it will happen.
- Constant learning; we share our knowledge and thanks to the training budget we can choose workshops and materials that suit us most
Am I a good IT Mentor candidate?
How about mentoring five days a week, but after my working hours?
How about weekend courses?
I really want to join Codecool team and be a mentor, but can’t commit to 40 hours weekly. What do I do?
I don’t have programming experience as such, but I can teach project management, agile methodologies and soft skills.
Are you looking for any specific programming language?
I am concerned that while mentoring, I will not develop my programming skills.
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Face to face HR + Tech Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of the existing mentors in person. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location.
Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply