Codecool is a growing network of international coding schools in the EU. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever-growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding careers for a wide range of people.
Codecool is already present in 5 locations in 3 countries (Hungary, Poland, Romania).
We are looking for a Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing office space, software licence and domains, procurement and contracts with students and customers. Namely, you will work closely with the CFO, and you will manage the Office team at 5 Codecool locations.
Your responsibilities will cover:
- Ensuring maximum efficiency of firm-wide operation
- Coordination of the work of 5 office managers at the recent Codecool locations (travel needs can add up to 15% of time)
- Assisting to the budgeting process
- Office space management
- Software licence and domain management
- Ensuring legally compliant operation
- Involvement in HR processes
- Procurement & purchasing: selects, negotiates and keeps contact with suppliers
- Management of the student and corporate contracting process
- Accounts receivable management
Optimal background and skills
- 5+ years of experience as COO or operation manager
- Experience in multi-country organisations, managing efficiency and compliance in multicountry legislative environments
- Ability to work independently and confidently on the required fields
- Great people management skills
- Business mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Hungarian and English
- Responsibility and flexibility
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- General mindset to make things better and faster, and make people happier
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- You can be a part of CEE regions next startup success (~7M EUR total funding from the region’s leading financial and energy provider and angels)
- Cool office. Greatly selected colleges with the same values and attitude of work.
- Family-friendly working hours.
- We are a flat organization, if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy that stops you, it will happen.
- Full-time contract with a competitive salary.
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
About our culture:
We at Codecool are working to reach our Vision based on our Core Values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple. Get in touch with us at [email protected] to apply or for a chat if you have further questions. Please write in your e-mail’s subject: Head of Operations @Codecool
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Submit application.Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Phone interview.Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Face to face HR + Tech Interview.In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of the existing mentors in person. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location. Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
Trial day.This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.