Want to change lives through coding? Become a weekend mentor at Codecool, where we launch hundreds of young people on successful coding careers. Apply now!
Codecool is a growing network of coding schools in the CEE region. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding carriers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 5 locations, 3 countries (Hungary, Poland, Romania), with a 3,2M EUR revenue in 2018, 5M EUR target revenue in 2019.
What your typical week will look like in the Mentor role:
- You will work with students remotely on weekdays and in the classroom at weekends
- We offer a full-time job but with a special work schedule: from Thursday till Sunday in person, one more day remotely (flexible)
- Weekend classes start at 9:00 am, closes 6:00pm - You facilitate the learning process and help students with their projects
- Online (video) and in-person consultations with students who have questions
- Preparing materials and exercises for prospective day/week
- Examining students who are ready to pass to next module
Apply if you:
- are ready to work with special (shifted) workdays (see above)
- have a positive attitude, and you can inspire beginners in programming,
- are a credible person with huge programming experience,
- have patience and endurance to help others in learning,
- believe in the practice oriented, project based learning model and you understand the difference between teaching and mentoring,
- are experienced in technology and work with it on a daily basis, love to learn and educate yourself continuously,
- speak English and Hungarian fluently.
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- You can be a part of CEE regions next startup success (5M EUR yearly revenue expectation for our 4th year of operation, ~7M EUR total funding from the region’s leading financial and energy provider and angels)
- Cool office. Greatly selected colleges with the same values and attitude of work.
- We teach hard, play hard. At Codecool, you can take as much vacation time as you need.
- We are a flat organization, if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy that stops you, it will happen.
We want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
About our culture:
We at Codecool are working to reach our Vision based on our Core Values:
- Courage: You need the courage to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, with your peers whether it is a good situation or a bad one.
- Quality: We expect quality and craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Fun: have fun, because if you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it. It’s that simple.
Am I a good IT Mentor candidate?
What about the working hours?
I don’t have programming experience as such, but I can teach project management, agile methodologies and soft skills.
Are you looking for any specific programming language?
Our recruitment process has 4-5 steps. Why so many? So both the team and you are absolutely sure you are a good fit to the team!
Simply send your CV to [email protected]. Let us know, why you are interested in the role!
Our recruitment team member will contact you over phone to have a brief conversation regarding your motivation, experience and availability. We will also check your English language level.
Face to face HR + Tech Interview.
In this stage, you will meet our recruiter and one of the existing mentors in person. The meeting will take place in our office at your preferred location.
Our mentor will tell you more about the day-to-day duties in the mentor role and will ask you some technical questions.
This is the opportunity to feel our culture, and act as a mentor for one day. You will have the chance to work with our students and meet the whole staff. We believe that it is good to know all the aspects of daily job before joining us. We value soft skills equally to technical ones and we are proud of our unique company culture. During a soft-skills interview we will tell you more about our values and soft skillset we would be looking for in you.
We call you to discuss the last details.
The last step is to agree on a starting date and your benefit package.
Are you interested?
Just send email to apply